Unfortunately, employment discrimination can still be found in all industries across the country. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 defined protected classes of people aiming to reduce discrimination by holding employer’s responsible. Under Title VII of the Act, an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin is considered a protected class. Age and pregnancy have also been federally recognized protected classes by subsequent legislation.
Discuss if you believe these protected classes go far enough to prevent discrimination in the workplace. Would you add any additional classes of people, if so who and why? Lastly, have you ever experienced any form of discrimination in your employment? If so, how did you resolve the situation? Must be 100-150 Words. No PLAGARISM!
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
This week you have learned about the basic models of motivation and how leadership traits and behaviors can impact the organizations’ effectiveness and performance. To demonstrate how motivation and leadership traits and behaviors are applied in the workplace, this week’s discussion forum will involve researching an article using one of the following sources:
- USA Today (www.usatoday.com)
- Wall Street Journal (www.wsj.com)
- New Your Times (www.nytimes.com)
- Forbes (www.forbes.com)
- Bloomberg Business Week (www.bloomberg.com)
- Inc. Magazine (www.inc.com)
- Economist (www.economist.com)
- Entrepreneur (www.entrepreneur.com)
- Harvard Business Review- (www.hbr.org)
Your task is to choose a current article (published in last 60 days) from one of the above-listed sources that relate to how managers are able to effectively lead and motivate.
- As a manager, would you prefer the people you manage to be extrinsically or intrinsically motivated? What type of leadership behaviors would you want to emulate and why? Explain your thoughts.
- What key points in the article support your statements?
Copy and paste the URL address of the article. Must be 100-150 Words